2015 Honda CRF450R
Asking $4,995.00 NO GST
does NOT come with any warranty
Stop in at our location at 9103 31 Ave or
call one of our sales representatives at 780-435-0742
ask us about our finance options
Staying on top is never easy and nowhere is this more evident than in the ultra-competitive world of motocross. Sure, big steps forward may take the pressure off for a while, but it's the incremental development of these technological leaps that deliver the long-term advantage. For 2015, this cycle continues with the introduction of a mode selection button that allows choosing between different engine performance maps (Standard - Smooth – Aggressive), as well as extensive changes to the Unicam engine itself and the KYB air fork. A larger front brake disk, a redesigned rear brake disk and a number of small detail changes complete the upgrades for 2015. A look back to past technological milestones; introducing lightweight aluminum frames, the Unicam engine with its excellent mass centralization and reliable battery-less electronic fuel injection making the CRF450R easier to ride, easier to tune and yes easier to win on. Each of these innovations has undergone extensive development honing the CRF450R into the highly competitive machine that it is today.
CRF450R - ahead of the pack
- The innovative, 449 cc liquid cooled engine with its unique 4-valve, Unicam design has very compact dimensions allowing it to be ideally placed for excellent mass centralization. When combined with the advanced twin spar aluminum chassis, the CRF450R package offers its rider effortless direction changes on the ground or in the air.
- By changing the direction of the cylinder head's exhaust port from the left to the right side, exhaust header pipe length could be optimized for improved power and throttle response across the rev range.
- Redesigned muffler internals boost torque output and increase throttle response.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) has new settings to take full advantage of changes to the exhaust system.
- A convenient handlebar-mounted engine mode selection button allows the rider to choose from three different maps to tailor power delivery to track conditions. A blue LED incorporated into the button housing lets the rider know if they have selected mode one, the standard setting, mode two a smooth setting for slippery conditions or mode three the most aggressive setting for when traction conditions are ideal. Modes two and three can even be fine tuned using an HRC setting tool. Mode selection is easily accomplished without changing the rider's hand position or shutting down the engine (as long as the engine is idling).
- Heavier ACG flywheel further improves drivability.
- Stronger piston and transmission gears improve durability of the more powerful engine.
- Twin spar aluminum chassis offers the benefit of a low centre-of-gravity with excellent feel and feedback. Designed to work in concert with the air-fork and the Honda Progressive Steering Damper the chassis combines excellent stability with right now turning precision.
- The Honda Progressive Steering Damper allows very precise steering in the widely varied conditions found in motocross. On the gas or on the brakes the rider will enjoy superior steering in ruts, whoops, stutter bumps or whatever the track throws his way.
- The cutting edge 48 mm inverted Kayaba air fork has undergone further development resulting in lighter weight, reduced friction and improved sealing. Low speed and high speed damping adjusters for both rebound and compression are all now conveniently located on the fork cap and offer a wider range of adjustment.
- Pro-link rear suspension with its KYB “short” shock has also had all damping adjustment conveniently grouped together for faster track-side tuning.
- A 20 mm larger front brake disc and redesigned rear brake disc offer improved stopping power and control.
- New Dunlop MX52 tires offer excellent traction in a wide variety of conditions.
- Optimized rider ergonomics with a very narrow mid section allow the rider to move freely around the motorcycle and fully utilize the CRF’s incredible agility.
- Quick-adjust clutch perch simplifies cable adjustment.
- Aluminum handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Wide, long footpegs offer greater support for more comfort and control.
- The engine stop switch with integrated LED indicator lets you know if the PGM-FI system is working properly.
- Redesigned fuel hose connector simplifies maintenance.
- Optional HRC setting kit, includes an easy-to-use programming system with precise data for setting up the machine to meet all race situations. Ignition timing and fuel mapping settings can be uploaded by connecting the motorcycle to a computer and following simple step-by-step instructions. The system radically simplifies the setup process and makes tuning accessible to a wide spectrum of riders. Connection is simple with only one connector and no need to remove the fuel tank.
- Engine Type: 449 cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 96.0mm x 62.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 36mm intake, titanium; 31mm exhaust, steel
- Induction: Dual-Timing PGM-FI, 46mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/48T
- Suspension: Front: 48 mm inverted KYB PSF (Pneumatic Spring Fork) with air-adjustable spring rate, and rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 310 mm (12.2 in.) travel. Rear: Pro-Link™ KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high speed; 315 mm (12.4 in.) travel
- Brakes: Front: Single 260 mm disc with twin-piston caliper Rear: Single 240 mm disc
- Tires: Front: Dunlop MX51FA 80/100-21 Rear: Dunlop MX51 120/80-19
- Wheelbase: 1492 mm (58.7 in.)
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27 deg. 04 min.
- Trail: 116 mm (4.57 in.)
- Seat Height: 953 mm (37.5 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 330 mm (13.0 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 6.3 L
- Colour: Red
- Curb Weight: 110 kg (243 lb.) (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.)
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- 449 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96.0mm x 62.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Dual-Timing PGM-FI, 46mm throttle body
- Full transistor with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 48 mm inverted KYB PSF (Pneumatic Spring Fork) with air-adjustable spring rate, and rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 310 mm (12.2 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 260 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop MX51FA 80/100-21
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link™ KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high speed; 315 mm (12.4 in.) travel
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop MX51 120/80-19
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 110 kg (243 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.3 L
- 1492 mm (58.7 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 330 mm (13.0 in.)
- Seat Height
- 953 mm (37.5 in.)
- 116 mm (4.57 in.)
- 27 deg. 04 min.
- Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 chain; 13T/48T